There is never a defined time to visit a shrine, to visit the temple of a deity to help your troubled soul and bring yourself in peace with your inner soul.
It is always important to believe in something and if you don’t follow a particular deity, then you can always put your belief in the whole universe. The supreme being is present just as much as in you as in others. The moment you come into contact with a shrine, you feel an inclination towards peace and towards a strong sense of faith. A kind of a different feeling all together that makes you feel a tremendous amount of serene emotions.
Different shrines have a different impact and feeling to give away, combine that with its glorious architecture and making, you have the treat to behold!
Here are 5 most beautiful and gorgeous temples of Mumbai:
1) Mumba Devi Temple- It is a renowned ancient temple, all dedicated to ‘Goddess Mumbadevi’. It’s situated in Mumbai and was built in the 18th century. The ‘Koli’ tribe or the early inhabitants of Mumbai rever it, as they respect and honor the Goddess Mumbadevi as known to be their guardian.
2) Mahalaxmi Temple- known as one if the most ancient temples dedicated to honoring ‘Goddess Mahalaxmi’, also known as the ‘Goddess of Wealth’. This glorious temple is located in Mumbai as was constructed in 1785. Devotees visit this temple and offer their prayers to Goddess Mahalaxmi, it’s a place with a beautiful feeling that motivates to better life and prosperity.
3) Siddhivinayak Temple- A preserved and living testament of beauty and architecture of our Mumbai ethnicity. This ancient temple was built in 1801, solely dedicated to the ‘elephant-head’ deity of Hindus, ‘Lord Ganesh’. This revered temple located in the heart of Mumbai was constructed by Deubai Patil and Laxman Vithu. It has a magic of its own, a feeling of happiness and humanity thriving in its surroundings.
4) Haji Ali Dargah- It’s a historical landmark located in Mumbai, also one of the most honoured Islamic symbols in South Mumbai. The Dargah was built by a wealthy Muslim merchant who became a saint named, Haji Ali Shah Bukhari. He renounced all his worldly pleasures, embarking on a pilgrimage journey to Mecca. Do visit this place which is vibrant with its peace and serenity, a sight to behold and a very dynamic cultural sight.
5) Mount Mary Church- Nothing is as peaceful as this place, the Roman Catholic Church, solely dedicated to ‘Virgin Mary’, located in Mumbai. This ancient and beautiful structure was built in 1640, then rebuilt in 1761, it’s also known as ‘The Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount’. The sight around this church is worthy more than anything else, as its situated on top of a hill known as ‘Sunderban Bandra’, as it overlooks the never-ending Arabian Sea. The moments inside this church is spent in bliss, as you experience a feeling of all your sorrows and emotional turmoils leaving your soul and all troubles fade to bring in happiness and tranquility!
These are just some of the most important, and very revered shrines in Mumbai, but it’s not the end, as the people of Mumbai have a big heart so does their land, its ‘a land of many cultures and ethnicity’, so without a doubt it’s a pilgrim tourist spot in itself!